Whidbey Island Cooks Who "Make a Difference!"
Over the next several months we are going to present a group of special cooks who "make a positive difference" in our community life on Whidbey Island and know their way around a kitchen too!
WARM 106. fm LAURIE HARDIE
Our first cook is Laurie Hardie a former Whidbey Island resident.
Laurie is WARM’s Afternoon Traffic host with the philosophy of ”traffic is a lot like life, sometimes you have a speed –limit drive and sometimes you hit a slow-down or detour, but with the right guidance and information, we can all get through it together"
She currently volunteers with Queen It’s a New Day, a non-profit organization in Everett, giving women a hand up to feel great inside and out.
She is s a published author of I didn't See That Coming and a life coach.
A woman of many talents and gifts, Laurie, continues to make a difference in many lives!
1. Zoodle zucchini using a spiralizer. Some stores have it available already "zoodled."
2. Melt 1/2 cube butter or 1/4 cup coconut oil and add zoodles. Saute until soft. Set aside.
3. Slice and saute mushrooms in the remaining butter or coconut oil until soft. Set aside.
4. In a clean pan, on low heat melt the Laughing Cow cheese. Smash it with a fork until melted, add 1/4 cup milk, and stir until it becomes a sauce. You can add more milk if you like a thinner consistency.
If you use Laughing Cow cheese with garlic, then no additional spices are necessary. If not, add garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Combine zoodles, mushrooms, and sauce, mix well and serve.